A compact, comprehensive and very silly field guide, featuring more than 200 of the best, rudest, and most hilarious Effin' Birds!
The most eagerly anticipated new volume in the grand and noble profession of nature writing and bird identification. Sitting proudly alongside Sibley, Kaufman and Peterson, Effin' Birds: A Field Guide contains over 160 pages crammed full of the classic, monochrome plumage of vintage woodcut art which made the Effin' Birds a household name, and the full, Technicolour glory of John James Audubon's most beautiful work. Including never-before-seen Birds, insults, and extra material, this Guide is a must-have for any Effin' Fan.
Entries include stunningly accurate illustrations and accompanying fowl-mouthed bird calls. Plus, descriptive captions indicating the type of bird and where you can find them in modern, working life. Each entry has no information at all on nesting, behaviour, food, eggs, feathers... err... flying? What else do birds do?
This field guide does include:
- Scientifically accurate and beautiful illustrations of birds.
- Swearing. A lot of swearing.
- Incisive commentary on modern life and the world we, as humans, must navigate.
- ... It's just some pictures of fuckin' birds, ok?
THE EFFIN' BOOK:
- Over 160 pages.
- Two 16 page colour plate sections featuring John James Audubon's illustrations.
- Full colour dustjacket
- 222 x 178mm